Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Steelers Report Card: Grading

Steelers Report Card: Grading 4 weeks 2 days ago #28915

• chenyan94
  • Senior Boarder
the tie with the Browns which feels more like a letdown Steelers Central was at a fever pitch leading up to the way-wet season opener in Cleveland Ryan Shazier Jersey , however the fever became Dengue-ish by the final buzzer. Granted, I predicted a loss in this one, so I shouldn’t be too surprised, but maybe I was taken in too much by HBO’s Hard Knocks. I also didn’t expect to see six turnovers and a missed field goal. Once again, grading games is an extremely difficult and somewhat thankless task. While the coaches’ grades, of course, are what count the most, the media and fans can’t help but evaluate as well. So let’s take a look at BTSC’s early perceptions: OffenseScott R. Galvin-USA TODAY SportsOverall Offense Grade: DThere’s a good reason why Tom Brady plays considerably during the preseason. In retrospect Mel Blount Jersey , fears most definitely were lived in too much for the Steelers. Fifteen days ago, Ben Roethlisberger didn’t knock enough rust off in less than two quarters on the field. He was all over the place in Cleveland and forced the ball to Antonio Brown way too much, when JuJu Smith-Schuster was frequently open. Granted, his line did him very few favors. Maurkice Pouncey had two bad snaps. Along with Marcus Gilbert, No. 53 committed costly penalties that negated scores. AB had a good stat line with nine grabs, 93 yards and a TD. However, he seemed “off” as well. The bright spots were James Conner (192 total yards and two TDs) and Smith-Schuster (119 yards on five catches), Conner’s fumble was crucial Mike Webster Jersey , but he still ran hard and played well. Interest in Antonio Brown has “grown” with more teams inquiring about the Pro Bowl receiver. Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert said last week three teams had inquired about the receiver, whom the team is shopping.More teams have talked to Colbert since, though he didn’t provide an updated number.“It will continue to go one way or another because as we鈥檙e here at the Combine,” Colbert said, via Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com. “We鈥檙e learning about alternatives to your current team. You may come away feeling better; you may feel worse. But the one thing that doesn鈥檛 change is Antonio Brown鈥檚 value, not only to us but to anybody else in the National Football League. [Trade possibilities] will be more clear at the end of this week.”Colbert doesn’t rule out trading within the division, although he obviously would prefer to send Brown somewhere outside the AFC North. Trading Brown to an NFC team would be most preferable.A division rival would have to blow away any other offer the Steelers receive.鈥淲e haven鈥檛 eliminated anybody,鈥欌€?Colbert said. “Ideally Greg Lloyd Jersey , you want to trade him to somebody you鈥檒l never play, but you can鈥檛 do that, because if you鈥檙e good enough to get to the Super Bowl, you have to play him anyway. The less you would play him, the better, but if a team comes through with the best compensation, we have to balance that out. OK, we鈥檙e going to play him twice a year Kevin Greene Jersey , but we鈥檙e going to get the best compensation, so it鈥檚 our job to do the better job with the compensation, and you have to weigh that all into the discussion.”
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Login

Latest update on aryains

Latest Events

Insurance RSS Feeds