Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cam Newton insists he isn’t missing a game.

Cam Newton insists he isn’t missing a game. 1 month 1 week ago #28852

• zhangzk
  • Expert Boarder
CHARLOTTE Max Scharping Jersey , N.C. (AP) —The Panthers quarterback said he’ll be ready to play against the Browns on Sunday despite lingering pain in his throwing shoulder. But coach Ron Rivera wasn’t quite as certain Wednesday, leaving the door open by saying, “We’ll see. We’re not even to Friday.”More than 20 months after having surgery to repair a partially torn rotator cuff, the 6-foot-5, 245-pound giant of a quarterback is still experiencing pain and discomfort in his right shoulder that is limiting what he can do on the field. Offensive coordinator Norv Turner has limited Newton’s downfield throws this season and twice replaced the league’s 2015 MVP with backup Taylor Heinicke when lining up for Hail Mary passes.Newton reps were limited in practice Wednesday — as they have been for several weeks — as part of Rivera calls “the new normal.”The Panthers (6-6) are a half-game behind the Vikings in the race for the second NFC wild card spot following a disappointing 24-17 loss to the Buccaneers last Sunday in which Newton was intercepted four times.Newton has thrown downfield fewer times this year than at any point in his career. That’s by design in order to prevent his shoulder from wearing out. As a result, he’s completing a career-high 69.5 percent of his passes, mostly because of the used of check-downs and short passes underneath the coverage.Rivera said Newton and the offensive coaches are “doing the best they can” to manage the situation. He said it’s critical that Newton communicates with coaches on how he feels.“We have to make decisions going forward as to how the offense has to click,” Rivera said. “He has to be very transparent with Norv when it comes to the plays” he can run.Browns interim coach Gregg Williams said Newton still has plenty of pop in his shoulder.“I’ve heard the reports (about the shoulder) www.texansauthorizedshops.com/authentic-kahale-warring-jersey , but when I see the film I still him being able to zing in when he wants to,” Williams said. “And when he has a solid pocket where he can still get his body weight behind him, he can still do that.”When asked if he’ll need to get his shoulder addressed medically once again after the season, Newton said, “among other things.”He wouldn’t elaborate in his weekly news conference on what other parts of his body might need to be addressed, saying “c’mon, you know people are looking at this tape.”When pressed on whether he will need surgery, Newton grinned and said Cullen Gillaspia Jersey , “I can neither confirm nor deny.”Newton also declined to say if there’s a particular play in which he reinjured the shoulder or if it is simply the result of continued wear and tear on the body.Regardless, Newton said he doesn’t regret having the surgery in March of 2017, saying it “needed to be done.”But he also acknowledged he didn’t think he would still be having problems with his shoulder at this point in his NFL career.“I would not have expected me to still have the kind of things that are lingering from that, but it is what it is,” Newton said. “It’s about managing pain and understanding that you have a job to do and a responsibility to put your best product out on the field. I want to do that not only for myself but this team.”__ OLATHE, Kan. (AP) — A criminal investigation into allegations that Kansas City Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill’s son was abused is no longer active.Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe told The Kansas City Star Friday he would re-evaluate his decision if new evidence emerges. Howe said he still believes the 3-year-old boy was hurt but he declined in April to file charges because he couldn’t prove who injured the child.The Chiefs suspended Hill on April 25 after a local television station aired a recording of a conversation between Hill and his fiancee, Crystal Espinal, discussing the boy’s injuries. Hill has consistently maintained his innocence Tytus Howard Jersey , saying his son’s health is his top priority.At the time, owner Clark Hunt said he was “deeply disturbed” by the audio recording. Chiefs spokesman Ted Crews said Friday the team would have no new comment on Hill’s situation. Hill has been banned from the team’s offseason voluntary workouts. The Chiefs end their offseason next week with mandatory minicamp.After the tape emerged in April, Chiefs coach Andy Reid said the criminal investigation was reopened . Howe did not respond when asked if that was true, but Hill’s attorney, Trey Pettlon, said Friday the criminal case has been closed for “quite some time now.”“Obviously there’s been some misinformation about that, but it is closed,” Pettlon said.A spokesman for the Kansas Department for Children and Families Rock Ya-Sin Jersey , Mike Denies, said he could not comment on its ongoing investigation of the couple.The NFL is investigating the case but Commissioner Roger Goodell said in May it was waiting for permission to interview Hill because the league didn’t want to interfere with the child welfare case. The league could punish Hill under its personal conduct policy.The investigation began after police were called to Hill’s home twice in March and determined the child had been injured. In the 11-minute audio recording reportedly made by Espinal in an airport in Dubai, she tells Hill when the boy was asked about his injured arm he replied: “Daddy did it.”Hill denied any role in what happened to the child, saying: “He says Daddy does a lot of things.”When Espinal tells Hill their son is “terrified of you,” he replies, “You need to be terrified of me, too, bitch.”In a letter sent to the NFL in May www.coltsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-ben-banogu-jersey , Pettlon denied that Hill ever hit his son and said Hill was willing to cooperate with the NFL investigation. Pettlon noted the recording was made when the couple was considering a separation. He said the couple was undergoing counseling and Hill is “committed to improving his life and becoming the best parent he can be.”The Chiefs drafted Hill even though he pleaded guilty in 2015 to domestic assault and battery for attacking Espinal while he was a student at Oklahoma State. He was dismissed from the Oklahoma State football team and ended up playing at West Alabama, where he underwent counseling sessions and other court-mandated service work.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Login

Latest update on aryains

Latest Events

Insurance RSS Feeds